Wednesday, November 29, 2017

Blue and Red Birthday Card

Hello! Today was my first day off since last Thursday and I definitely needed the break. It's been awhile since I've stood for long periods of time working in retail. Hopefully I'll get used to it again soon. It has been nice getting out of the house and visiting with other humans for a change.

My goal today was to make a card for my Mother's birthday and this Blue and Red Birthday Card is what I made for her. Blue is her favorite color and this red flower has been sitting on my craft desk just waiting to be used. The patterned papers are from the Americana paper pad by Pebbles (2013). I love how the little flowers have red centers, it really helped to tie everything together. To finish the card I added some twine and a butterfly charm. The finished size is 4.50" x 6.25". Thanks for stopping by and enjoy the rest of your day.

This Blue and Red Birthday Card is entered into the following challenges:

7 comments:

  1. the flower is striking against the blue papers, beautiful card, hope mum has a lovely birthday

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Andrea, that red flower just pops against the pretty blue and white background you've created. Love the mix of patterned papers. I'm sure your mother loved it. Thanks so much for joining our Watercooler Wednesday Challenge this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous! The papers are so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the mix of blue patterned papers! My mom's favorite color is blue, too. I'm sure your mom is going to be thrilled getting this beauty!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely, cheerful card for your Mother's birthday! Such a fabulous blend of blues in the patterned background papers and the pop of red for the flower is perfect. Thanks so much for sharing it with us at the Watercooler Wednesday Anything Goes challenge this week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very nice mix of blues. Love the pop of red with the flower. Thanks for joining us at Watercooler Wednesday.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sweet card! Thanks for sharing with us at Crafty Gals Corner!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts. Wishing you a crafty day! 😊