Tuesday, February 14, 2017

Hello My Friend Card

Hello my friends! I've been enjoying a few weeks with minimal computer usage, so I haven't been blogging. However, I have been crafting and will share some of my recent creations soon. Today is the start of a new challenge at Tuesday Throwdown and the theme is Say it with Words. Our sponsor is Winnie & Walter and they generously provided a spending allowance for the design team to select our merchandise. It was really hard to pick but keeping the theme in mind, I got the Hello Cutaway & The Big, the bold, and the Happy stamp set. We would love for you to join us! Click HERE for all the challenge details and design team inspiration. You have until mid-day Monday, February 20th to link your creation. I hope to see your link in the gallery!

It was difficult to get a good photo of this card! There really is a lot of shimmer and shine. The background was made using mixed media paper along with glimmer mists in Lime Light and Sunlight by Tattered Angels. I had some problems with the Sunlight spray bottle getting clogged but I like the splotchy look it created. Once everything was dry I added a strip of Wild Wasabi chevron paper by Stampin' Up! and matted the panel to black cardstock. The hello was die cut using a Big Shot and adhered flat to the card. My Friend was stamped onto white cardstock and punched for the banner detail. The last addition was three gold sequins and that's it!

This Hello My Friend Card is entered into the following challenges:
Thank for stopping by and enjoy the rest of your day!

http://www.winniewalter.com/

11 comments:

  1. This is so pretty. Your background is beautiful. Love the distressed look and the shimmer effect.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The background looks amazing with that big bold hello a real focal point

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great looking card, love the background and colour. The added Washi tape look great.Thank you for sharing with us at Ooh La La and good luck in the draw. Jennifer DT member x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice card to send to both genders. Glad to see you back! Enjoy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Clogs sometimes make the best backgrounds. This is great. I like the chevron paper you paired it with. The black Hello is fabulous against your BG. Love it. Hugs, Debi

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good for you on the computer break! Always great to get lots of things done! Your hello card is super cute! I seldom make sentiment-focused cards so this is a tough challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Brilliant! Love your CAS style and gorgeous card. Thanks for playing at OLL, Jx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Super cute!!! Thank you for joining us at Make My Monday, good luck!!! Amy DT

    ReplyDelete
  9. Brilliant card. I love that background. Thank you for joining us at Make My Monday. Sian.

    ReplyDelete
  10. GREAT card Andrea! I Love the beautiful background and shimmer! Really shows off the bold sentiment perfectly and long with the touch of black framing :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the cool colors scheme and the bold sentiment looks really great. Thank you for joining us at the Make My Monday challenge blog. Looking forward to seeing you in our gallery soon.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts. Wishing you a crafty day! 😊