Tuesday, August 4, 2015

Die Cut Thanks Card

Last September I was a guest designer at Cardz 4 Guyz and then joined their team. I have really enjoyed my time as part of the team but today is my last post as a designer at Cardz 4 Guyz. I have the honor of being hostess for my last challenge and the theme is a color challenge to use Brown and Orange. I would love for you to join us to celebrate my last challenge!!!

To create this Die Cut Thanks Card I used a Spellbinders die called Glass Effects with Early Espresso cardstock. The fun background was made using watercolor paper and alcohol inks. First I cut the watercolor paper to the desired size. Then using a spray bottle I coated the paper liberally with water and then randomly dropped Sunset Orange Adirondack ink by Tim Holtz. The process was repeated as needed. I let the inked panel dry thoroughly before adhering the die cut panel. For the sentiment strip I matted a piece of Whisper White cardstock onto a slightly larger Tangelo Twist cardstock and adhered the die cut Thanks sentiment by Stampin' Up! to the center. To finish the card I added three dot pastel stickers by EK Success/Sticko. I think it turned out pretty cool and I hope you agree.

Don't forget to CLICK HERE to view the wonderful inspiration from the team. We would love to see your card in the gallery this week. Thanks for stopping by and enjoy the rest of your day!

6 comments:

  1. what a great stained glass look to this card with that wonderful die and your Alcohol Ink technique! Julia xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this dieand it turned out fab.
    Sorry to see you go but hope you are successful in all you do. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a really impressive card and the details are so striking!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is an unusual color combo, and one that might present a challenge to use..but you've aced that with this look. I like the stained glass effect. The alcohol ink bkground was perfect to use as it shows off the mottling so beautifully. Well done! Thanks for following me as well, but I'm not seeing you in the 'faces' at the top of the blog (Google Connect). When I see new faces, the following number changes, and I add the person & link to my spreadsheet. When I do blog candy, then run the Random Generator based on those - I don't know how to find my followers otherwise).

    ReplyDelete
  5. I liked the way you used the orange and brown Andrea! Great geometrical look :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the abckground and the magical stained glass effect. A wonderful original card. Thanks for your brilliant DT work for Cardz 4 Guyz. Your term is not over until you have given me your Top 3 Winners for the challenge you chose of Orange and Brown. LOL Caz

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts. Wishing you a crafty day! 😊