Wednesday, July 15, 2015

Snowman Peace and Joy Card

It's always fun to make Christmas cards in July! I appreciate the early head start because I tend to procrastinate and never make as many as I need. This Snowman Peace and Joy Card was made using this weeks sketch a Tuesday Morning Sketches. Using blue for Christmas is a nice cool color to work with in July. It's been super hot here in Oklahoma the last couple of days, the humidity is awful. That's probably why I chose a snowman and snowflakes, maybe a little mind over matter with some cool thoughts in my craft room.

The image by Bugaboo Digi Stamps is called Winter Birds - Snowman and I colored it with my Copic markers. The snowflake background paper is by Doodlebug Designs and the blue glitter polka dot paper is by Best Creation Inc. Using a Cricut machine and the Christmas Noel cartridge I cut the snowflake. Then I heat embossed it with Iridescent Ice Emboss Powder. To pull in a little color I used a small Fiskars snowflake punch in the center and secured it with a tiny blue glitter brad. The sentiment is from the Good Greetings stamp set by Stampin' Up! and was stamped using Memento black ink. Three snowflake sequins with pale blue rhinestone centers were added to the image panel. I added some glossy accents to the snowman's hat and some Stickles to the snow. I'm a little disappointed the Stickles caused the printer ink to bleed but the photo makes it look worse than it does in person. That about sums it up! Thanks for stopping by and enjoy the rest of your day!

This Snowman Peace and Joy Card is entered into the following challenges:

8 comments:

  1. love the layers and the cute little scene - thanks for joining us at ATSM

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there, Andrea! Thank you for your kind comment on my blog! I'm still on my blog break but wanted to pop in to see what you've been up to! This is adorable! I'm a big fan of Bugaboo images - I love how you coloured this! It's great to get a start on the Christmas cards, isn't it! I hope you are enjoying your summer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super cute and adorable card. Seen this card at Tuesday Morning Sketches. Have a great day! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so cute!! Hope making it cooled you off! :)
    I need to get started on my Christmas cards, too!
    Thanks for playing along this week at Tuesday Morning Sketches!!
    Debbie (TMS DT)
    Debbie's Dash of This and That

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cute snowman ! Love your lovely scene. Thank you for sharing at ATSM.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful wintery card, this image is so cute. Thank you for joining us for Tuesday Morning Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a wonderful, whimsical, festive scene you've created, with the darling bird and snowman! Sweet and fabulous! Thank you for sharing this gem in the ATSM gallery!
    ~c

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely Christmas card, fab layout and I love the image. Thanks for sharing in our July Christmas challenge at Crafting By Designs. Mo xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts. Wishing you a crafty day! 😊