Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Colourful Feel Better Card


Given the choice between housework and making a card, I seem to always choose to make a card. Although I will have to do a couple of chores later, I indulged myself with some creative procrastination and made this Colourful Feel Better Card. The colours were inspired by this weeks beautiful ColourQ Challenge. I used the sketch challenge at Tuesday Morning Sketches for my layout and selected the Feel Better sentiment to play along at Addicted to Stamps. I played around with the colours a lot before I decided on what you see. There were so many terrific options, it made it hard to narrow down. I decided to use bling instead of a stamped leaf to add some sparkle to the design. In the end I'm pretty happy with how it turned out. Thanks for stopping by and enjoy the rest of your day!

Colourful Feel Better Card Supplies*:

  • Paper: Night of Navy, Whisper White and Lucky Limeade cardstock. Patterned paper from Ivy Lane collection by Close to my Heart.
  • Stamps: Bloom for You stamp and Sassy Salutations stamp set.
  • Inks: Classic stampin' pads in Bermuda Bay, Strawberry Slush, Lucky Limeade and Night of Navy.
  • Other Stuff: Spellbinders scalloped oval die, Decorative Dots embossing folder, Fun Flower punch, decorative rhinestones by Recollections, paper snips and dimensionals.
*All supplies by Stampin' Up! unless noted.

10 comments:

  1. Andrea, this beautiful *Get Well* card will definitely put a smile on someone's face! Thank you for joining us at the CQC.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a bright and pretty feel better card. Love the design! Thanks so much for playing along at ATSM xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the colours, Andrea, and that beautiful flower! Your gorgeous card is sure to bring cheer.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty card Andrea, you used a great blend of papers and colours. Thank you for joining us for Tuesday Morning Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your first sentence made me LOL!! I wholeheartedly agree with you! ;)
    Beautiful card! I love the colours!
    Thanks so much for playing along this week with us at Tuesday Morning Sketches!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the color combo and layout you used! This card is sure to make anyone "feel better!"

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a pretty card :) Thanks for playing with us at ATSM!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a pretty flower and I love the color combo you chose for this card! I'm sure Marie is going to love it, too!
    Thanks so much for playing along with us this week at ATSM!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is delightful! I like your flourish of gems.Thanks for joining us at the ColourQ!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The bling is a great compliment to the bright colors -- I like all the contrast and this creation is perfect.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts. Wishing you a crafty day! 😊