Sunday, January 5, 2014

Heart Monkey Valentine's Card

It's time again to start making cards for the children at the hospital on Valentine's Day. The last two years I have participated in the Cards from the Heart Card Drive organized by Winter Sims. I urge you to participate! It's a lot of fun to make cards for a good cause. This Heart Monkey Valentine's Card is my first card for this year. I usually make several of each design and I stay with simple details to make sure I follow the rules. She is accepting cards until January 31st. Here are the rules and details that I copied and pasted from her blog:

As always, here are some of the guidelines from the hospital's and a few of mine. (Please read carefully.)
* Cards need to be a Valentine theme.
* Cards can't have anything about 'Get Well Soon', 'Feel Better', or anything reminding them of being sick. (Only Valentine Cards)
* Please make cards that can be used for any gender or age. (This could be a little tricky, but I think you can handle it!) :)
* No buttons or anything that can be pulled off and become a chocking hazard.
* Cards MUST be able to fit into a 4 1/2 X 5 3/4 envelope (A2 size, but can be smaller, just not bigger). I CANNOT use them if they are bigger! (I will provide clear envelopes for each card, so there is no need to send one with your card.) The clear envelopes make it easier when they hand them out to the kids.
* You can include a message in the inside, but please remember, nothing reminding them of being sick. (Maybe just a Valentine sentiment.) You can also sign your first name and what state you are from.
*I will be excepting cards for the whole month of January. ( Jan. 1 - Jan. 31, Please don't send any after that, because I have to send them off so they will get to the hospitals in time for Valentine's Day.) At the end of the month, I will draw names for prizes.The more cards you send, the more times your name goes into the drawing to win prizes. Let your kids get involved too! I will be adding more prizes and sponsors, often.  :)
* Please send a piece of paper with your name, address, email address, and the amount of cards you sent. (It will help when I have the drawings.) A lot of the prizes will be sent from the sponsor, so I NEED to have your email address for sure!
*Please send cards to me at:

Winter Sims
"Cards from the Heart Card Drive"
P.O. Box 754
Warren, TX 77664

* If anyone wants to donate a prize for the drawings, please email me with the details at wintersims1@aol.com .
*You are welcome to use the Card Drive badge on your blog to spread the word, just remember to save it to your computer first.

I know it seems like there are A LOT of rules, but they are the hospital's rules and we want to obey them, to keep the kids safe. So I hope you will join us again for another great year and help us put some smiles on those sweet kids faces on Valentines Day! :)
Go here to check out the Sponsors and Prizes.

If you have any questions, please just send me and email at: wintersims1@aol.com


My Heart Monkey Valentine's Card is entered into the following challenges:

9 comments:

  1. Your card fits the bill perfectly what a wonderful thing to do. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too cute! Thank you So much for helping again this year and for spreading the word! I know the kids will love these cards! ♡

    ReplyDelete
  3. such a sweet card I love the design, and for a greate cause too. Thanks for sharing with us at Digi Choosday, good luck! Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love is in the air. Thank you for joining us at Polkadoodles. Happy New Year and Good Luck. Katie Polkadoodles DT xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, Andrea: I love your heart--wonderful charity also. Thanks for entering our Challenge #52 - "Anything Goes"

    Diane
    Simply Create Too Design Team Member
    http://DianesDigitalDesigns.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute card, thanks so much for sharing with us at Simply Create Too.
    Hugz, Marjo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Now that card is adorable! What a great idea :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. A child will love receiving this cute card -- what a great project to participate in.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts. Wishing you a crafty day! 😊