Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Caring Thoughts Card

Fall continues to be on my mind, it can't get here soon enough. I love the sound of crunching leaves beneath my feet. My husband laughs at me because I walk through leaf pills just to hear the crunching noise. Unfortunately, with our really hot dry summer the leaves have already started to fall here in Oklahoma. It looks like we won't have a pretty display of colorful leaves this year. The trees are turning from green to brown.

Now, onto the card that you stopped by to see. This Caring Thoughts Card was made using this weeks Freshly Made Sketch designed by Jen Mitchell. I was inspired by Allisa Chilton's Thanksgiving card that features some really pretty stamped leaves. The smaller leaves on my card were punched with a Creative Memories punch. The larger leaf was part of a package of die cuts.  Thanks for stopping by my blog!

Caring Thoughts Card Supplies:
  • Paper: Brown card stock, pumpkin card stock, yellow card stock, and patterned paper by Creative Imaginations (Samantha Walker designs). 
  • Stamps: Hero Arts, CL476 With Sympathy.
  • Inks: ColorBox chalk ink in chestnut roan.
  • Other Stuff: Orchard harvest die cuts (28569) by Creative Imaginations, leaf punch by Creative Memories, brown colored pencil, and stampin' dimensionals.
 
 

7 comments:

  1. Lovely lot of cards you have on your blog. I have joined you as your newest member.
    This weather is really weird around the world of late. I can't wait for our summer...not that our winter is ever much where I live. Today it is HOT and it is winter....
    keeping in touch...luv aussie annie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Andrea! Great take on the sketch! I really like Allisa's card so I think you picked an awesome card for your inspiration. You did a great job! Thanks for playing with us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely card - wonderful choice of leaf colors with that gorgeous paisley paper! (So, you're an Okie, too, huh?)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your fall card...so glad you were inspired by my card! I love fall colors! Thanks for playing with us at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a nice card and would be welcomed by anyone receiving it. Your sentiment, colors and designs work perfect together.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great card for fall - I hope you'll link up at 52 Card Pickup again this week!

    http://www.oldbackporch.com/2012/08/52-card-pickup-week-34.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very pretty card. Lovely colors and sentiment. Thanks for sharing with us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts. Wishing you a crafty day! 😊